Gary Barlow has reportedly threatened to leave The X Factor in light of the shock results of Sunday night's live show, which saw his first act Carolynne Pool sent home in favour of Rylan Clarke.
According to sources, the Take That star summoned all four judges and presenter Dermot O'Leary to an emergency meeting with producer Richard Holloway at the Mayfair Arts Club last night, to discuss the controversy surrounding Sunday night.
According to The Sun, the 41-year-old has said he'll only return to the show this weekend - on the condition that his demands are met.
''Gary is fiercely proud of his reputation and signed up for the show because he wanted to nurture genuine talent. The reason he wanted to be on it was to put a stop to these tricks and to stop insulting the artists and viewers," a source said.
''The pantomime some of his fellow judges bring to the show drives him insane and he believes it undermines the credibility of the whole show. Sunday's antics infuriated him. He was livid…If this ever happens again he if off. No questions asked," the insider continued.
32-year-old Carolynne Poole was booted off after Louis chose to go to deadlock following her sing-off against Rylan Clarke. Despite the fact that Louis had said that he wanted to save Carolynne, he left it to the public, who voted for Clarke. Viewers then saw an angry Barlow storm off the stage.
On Monday, Barlow tweeted: ''Been hard to get motivated today. @CarolynnePoole good luck. Anything you need I’m here.''
Do you think Gary has the balls to quit X Factor?
The 10 Most Dramatic Moments On 'The X Factor' Ever...
RYLAN CLARKE: This year's X Factor contestant Essex-born Rylan Clarke has been one hopeful who had been a topic of conversation, and perhaps not in the good way. From his overly-dramatic reaction after being told by Nicole that he had made it through in Dubai, to surviving in the show yet again during yesterdays results, it seems this lad is here to stay.. (Photo credit: WENN.com)