Hot right now:

'X Factor' Changes Rules Givng Half Of Finalists 'invitations To Auditions'

Surprise! Surprise!

By Sophie Alexander on Friday 5th October 2012 Photo by Wenn.com

Half of this year's X Factor finalists were invited to audition, it's been reported.

According to Newsbeat, a spokesperson for the talent show said some acts had been asked by a team of researchers to take part, although all acts had to go through the same audition process.

This rule was introduced this year to help the producers find extra talent.

In the terms and conditions for this year's online X Factor application it stated:

"Please note that outside of this application process, acts may also be invited to audition for the programme by researchers acting on behalf of the producer."

"Such acts will be required to go through the audition process and normal programme rules will apply."

Finalists are now free to say if they were scouted or not, but only Jahmene Douglas and duo MK1 are the only acts so far, to admit that they were approached.

X factor finalist in the girls group, Jade Ellis, said of the rule change: "Personally speaking as someone who did just go on to an open audition I don’t think it's any less fair.

"I’m quite happy to go into the competition with people who were scouted."

The boys mentor, Nicole Sherzinger, said about the new process: "I think it’s great they’ve done that, it opens up the pool for wider talent."

The first live finals start this Saturday on ITV1.

Avril Lavigne Joins X Factor Contestants at Swanky London Hotel

You can keep up to date with all the latest news from PopDash by following us on Twitter and liking us on Facebook.

Tags:

More News

Related Stories

Popular

Featured