It has been revealed that the two biggest selling albums in the UK in 2011 both belong to Adele.
Unsurprisingly, the hugely succesful '21' was the years biggest seller and was recently revealed to be the biggest selling album of the 21st century, selling more than 3M copies in less than a year. However, the popularity of the London soul star has spread to her back catalogue with 2008's '19' racking up over a million sales this year also.
Nobody else managed to sell a million copies of any album in 2011 but Bruno Mars did come close with 976,000 copies of his 'Doo-Wops and Hooligans' enough to place him third in the chart.
Elsewhere, there were entries for Rihanna's 'Loud', 'Born This Way' by Lady Gaga and 'Who You Are' by Jessie J. Interestingly, Michael Buble's Christmas album has sold over 500,000 copies in the two months since its release.
The top ten best selling albums of 2011 are as follows:
1. Adele – '21' (3.4m copies sold)
2. Adele – '19' (1.1m copies sold)
3. Bruno Mars – 'Doo Wops & Hooligans' (976,000 copies sold)
4. Rihanna – 'Loud' (812,000 copies sold)
5. Lady Gaga – 'Born This Way' (689,000 copies sold)
6. Jessie J – 'Who You Are' (660,000 copies sold)
7. Michael Buble – 'Christmas' (496,000 copies sold)
8. Cee Lo Green – 'The Lady Killer' (485,000 copies sold)
9. Ed Sheeran – '+' (477,000 copies sold)
10. Coldplay – 'Mylo Xyloto' (467,000 copies sold)